Saturday, March 1, 2008

Poem

This is NOT part of the poem- but just as a prologue, I wrote this on Monday this week. I showed it to my English teacher this Friday and she wanted me to submit it to COD's (the community college's) Literary Arts Magazine, called Solstice. Today I went to their communications office and it was closed. So I wrote a whole bunch of criteria on the back, since I didn't have a submission form, and slid this under the door.

2/25/08 1:16 pm

My mind’s gone numb

I know I loved you once

But in the brevity of moments
When the tones change outcomes
-Those sickening several words--


And maybe your character’s been like this the whole time

But you’re so enigmatic
Contrary to reason, I have to believe in you
Against the words of honest people
-And the best wishes of friends--

I can’t stand this feeling

Sometimes I wonder if all this time
I've been in love with an imaginary boy
Whose soul I've stapled behind your face

1 comment:

  1. Emily.
    This is Jennifer From EFY last summer. I absolutly loved your poem.

    ReplyDelete