Friday, October 2, 2009

Emily and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day




Yesterday morning, things were going all right. I looked cute, my homework was (essentially) done, and I was writing a new song.Then I walked outside.Those of you who know me are aware that I am the proud owner of one of the prettiest bikes ever. It's truly beautiful, and it makes me happy to ride it. It also brings spice and smiles into the lives of people around me, and even passersby on the street.
Yesterday morning I walked down the stairs from my apartment and then to the bike rack where I park every day. On Wednesday, I hadn't ridden my bike to school because of the rain (my roommate gave me a ride). Standing before the bike racks, I tried for a few seconds to remember where I had parked my bicycle two days before. I scanned the rack for it and couldn't see it. I walked around the rack and couldn't find it.Then I realized my bike simply wasn't there.
I mumbled exclamations and gasped Nos for a few seconds and then whipped my
phone from my bag and called my mom, crying, and beginning the long walk to school. It was 10:40 or so. I had a class at eleven. I talked to my mom for a long time, crying and worrying about what I should do. In my classes, the friends of mine who know my bicycle (whom we have fondly named Alex) mourned with me, gave me hugs, and offered hilariou
s consolations about bike thieves.
I feel like someone's died, and as if it was one of my best friends.
I have registered my bike here at stolenbikeregistry.com. If you live in Provo, or anywhere thereabouts, please keep a lookout for any bike like mine. Here is a picture of it, in case you don't have time to check out the link.
I am also keeping an eye on all the Craigslists around Utah and the KSL classifieds. I plan to look at Ebay as well.
My bike's information is all online, so please help if you can! Thanks so much!

Yours sincerely,

Emily Brown

1 comment:

  1. Oh Emily, I hope things turn out well. At least no one can steal your mind. Well, they could. But there would be some very difficult things to get by.

    ReplyDelete