Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dear Leslie,

I guess I just wanted to write this post because it sounded like a cool, best-friend like thing to do. And since it sounds like things are pretty hard.
Which is why I will be calling you in about five seconds.
So let me just say (and look out, everyone who is allergic to corniness)... well, let me just say a lot of things.

 I am so amazingly glad that I met you at that random scripture mastery event when we were both hanging out with David.
I am just as ecstatic that we became better friends at Girls' Camp that one year when I played piano for you and we talked about Pride and Prejudice.
 I am thrilled and overjoyed that we hung out at every stake dance after that and floated your rubber duck in the sink that one time.
I am amazed that we became the best of friends just as I was going through a turbulent time in my life with other, less wonderful friends.
I am so blessed to be able to look back on all the awesome times and Wednesdays we have had together, the British Movie Marathons, the cookies on your birthday, going to plays, and everything in between. :)
And I am crazily happy that you are still the most awesome, strong, righteous, artistic, coherent, educated, wonderful friend that you have always been to me.

So, thank you.

It's looking like it's time for a Leslie and Emily British Marathon Day... which is probably why I felt so weird and discouraged about going to Homecoming on Saturday. :)

And if I ever do get a record deal, I am so paying for all the college you could ask for.

Love, your friend,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment