Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On the Second Day of Christmas...

Today, my random act of service was exceedingly random. I'm not even sure it counts as service. Therefore, after I post this, I'm going to do the dishes in our apartment (hopefully before my roommate gets home).
Here's what happened:
Around 4ish, I went to the library to check my email for updates about a job I'm getting hired for (hooray!). There weren't any, so a while later, I left the library, planning to walk home. However, as I was walking toward the entrance, I heard, "Emily Brown!" coming from somewhere. I looked around lamely and then saw two of my friends who really like my music! :)
We started talking and I told them about how I'm writing a new song. They wanted to hear it, so we walked back to their dorm and I played it and a few other things for them. It was really fun and a nice way to do "service" for someone. Though I'm not positive it counts, as I mentioned before.
As a random aside, I love Christmas so much. My roommate and I are decorating our apartment with lights and snowflakes and other Christmassy stuff. It's so pretty. Pictures soon to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment