Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tree Lamps

I am addicted to Moleskines, and yesterday I bought this little red book:

--with the intention of learning to draw, and to draw something new every day in it. I love doodling, and I've always been interested in art, but I'm not a particularly good artist. So, since I'm terribly bored most days this Spring, I decided to pick this up.


At Open-Mic, I drew a tree on the list while I waited for my turn. Later, sitting in the back, I opened my little red book and started drawing a lamp, which turned into this:



I like drawing trees. Also flowers. I like drawing inanimate, manufactured things like lamps and boxes and lightbulbs. The tree lamp was bound to happen. And it turned out cooler than I thought it would. Anyway, this is tree lamp the second:



Cody drew one, too:



And so did Scott:


Note the moths around the tree lamp. And the little bulbs. :)

P.S. We concluded yesterday that Scott is incapable of writing a bad song, and would therefore own us all were we to hold an improv open-mic night.

No comments:

Post a Comment